So why is protein especially important to those of us following the plant based diet? Why do we need to work so hard to make sure we’re getting enough?
WHY PROTEIN IS IMPORTANT FOR MAINTAINING GOOD HEALTH
- Protein is important for maintaining muscle mass and rebuilding and performing maintenance on ALL the cells in our body. This includes vital organs, cartilage, and tissues.
- Protein also aids the metabolism and the digestive system
- It aids the transportation of oxygen, vitamins, and minerals throughout the body
- Produces antibodies used to fight diseases
- Shiny hair, strong nails, healthy skin and strong bones are all by-products of protein.
If you don’t get enough protein, your whole body is affected. Your immune system suffers and your body are at risk for disease.
So make sure you eat plenty of protein!